lunes, enero 28



Carol Rosenbergwas nominated for a Shorty Award!




   

What's your best tweet?

Yo LeBron James (@KingJames): Your name came up today at the #Guantanamo war court! http://hrld.us/V6C...  My @MiamiHerald story.












How do you use Twitter in your professional life?

I tweet about #Guantanamo and the war court for those who can't see for themselves.

What's your favorite Twitter app?

Twitter. I multitask enough otherwise at work.

Twitter or Facebook?

Twitter. I use it to report the news, bulletin style, a bite at a time.

What are some words or phrases you refuse to shorten for brevity?

Redactistan. Death penalty. White noise.

Is there someone you want to follow you who doesn't already? If so, who?

LeBron. @KingJames is 6-foot-8 and has 7 million followers. I'm up for a Shorty, have 7 hundred followers. We both travel for work, could DM from the road.

Have you ever unfollowed someone? Who and why?

Sure. One guy struck me as a bully. What's up with that? Another was too loquacious, seemed to dominate my stream.

Why should we vote for you?

I learned the power of Twitter before the Pope did.

Hashtag you created that you wish everyone used?

#Redactistan

How do you make your tweets unique?

Straight facts, no commentary from a place few can reach.

What inspires you to tweet?

Navy list of free films for Gitmo troops. i.e. "Opening Saturday night at #Guantanamo's no-charge cinema: 'Killing Them Softly.'" (Jan. 4)

Ever get called out for tweeting too much?

Nope. Not even during 18-hour tweet-a-thon from May 5 #KSM arraignment.

How long can you go without a tweet?

From wheels-up at Andrews AFB til I can get on my $150-a-week internet at #Guantanamo's crude, no-wifi media tent city.

Who is the funniest person on Twitter that you follow?

@BorowitzReport, whose "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" btw is a #Guantanamo fave, http://hrld.us/P0X...

What is one of the biggest misconceptions of Twitter?

It's useless for news tips.

Why should people follow you?

I report from a place most people can't go, about a court few reporters cover.

How do you decide what to tweet?

I think of the people who are as interested in this topic as I am, then dial it back. Don't want to overwhelm.

Why'd you start tweeting?

I realized I could show folks a place they can't see, one tweet at a time.

What do you wish people would do more of on Twitter?

Attribute.


    Take the Shorty Interview at Shorty Awards, the awards honoring the best of social media.
 
   

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario